We have, on our CHI+MED website, a list of conferences that took place in 2011 and 2010 and I (Jo) am in the process of going through the previous list and finding dates and details for the 2012 versions of the same conference, where available. Right at the bottom of both pages (and at the bottom of this post) is an explanation of what the rather numerous acronyms and initialisms mean.
Many more organisations are using Twitter themselves anyway but at conference time they might create a dedicated Twitter feed in addition to encouraging delegates to use a particular hashtag. If I hear about any hashtags or Twitter accounts I’ll update the 2012 (current) page.
Meanwhile, if you know of a conference or workshop that might fit in well with the list I’ve collected so far please let me know via Twitter (@chi_med) or in the comments below. For more detailed contact information for the project please see our Contact us page.
- London Ergonomics Group – Medical Device Usability, 26 January 2012, UCL, London | Twitter
- SDMD 2012 – 31 January – 2 February 2012, NH Munchen Airport, Germany
2nd Annual Software Design for Medical Devices Europe
- IHI 2012 – 2nd ACM SIGHIT International Health Informatics Symposium, 28-30 January 2012, Miami, Florida.
- HFES 2012 Symposium, 12-14 March 2012, Baltimore, Maryland.
Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care: Bridging the Gap’
- “Human Factors – Moving Forward” – 23 March 2012, City Hospital, Nottingham.
run jointly by Clinical Human Factors Group (CHFG) with the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors.
- Design of Medical Devices Conference – 10-12 April 2012, Minneapolis, MN USA.
- PROMED 2012 – 2-4 May 2012, Brescia, Italy.
- CHI 2012 – 5-10 May 2012, Austin, Texas | Twitter
- EDCC 2012, 8-11 May 2012, Sibiu, Romania.
- DESIGN 2012, 21-24 May 2012, Dubrovnik, Cavtat, Croatia.
- Patient safety Congress 2012, 29-30 May 2012, NEC Birmingham, UK | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Risky Business – 24-25th May 2012, London, UK
- AHFE 2012, 21-25 July 2012, San Francisco, California.
- CogSci 2012, 1-4 August 2012, Sapporo, Japan.
- SIGDOC 2012 – 3-5 October 2012, Seattle, Washington | Twitter
- HFES (Europe) 2012 – 10-12 October 2012, Toulouse, France.
- HFES (HFES 2012) 56th Annual Meeting, 22-26 October 2012, Westin Boston Waterfront, Boston, Massachusetts.
AHFE – Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics
BCS – British Computer Society
CHFG – Clinical Human Factors Group
CHI – Computer/Human Interaction / Conference in Human Interaction in Computing Systems
CogSci – Cognitive Science / Cognitive Science Society
CPSweek – Cyber-Physical Systems week
ECCE – European Conference on Cognitive Ergonomics
EDCC – European Dependable Computing Conference
ECSCW – European Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work
EICS – Engineering Interactive Computing Systems
EHF – Ergonomics & Human Factors
EWDC – European Workshop on Dependable Computing
FM / FMIS – Formal Methods / Formal Methods for Interactive Systems
HCIR – Human Computer Interaction and Information Retrieval
HCMDSS / MDPnP – High Confidence Medical Devices, Software, and Systems / Medical Device Plug-and-Play Interoperability
HEPS – Healthcare Systems, Ergonomics and Patient Safety
HFEHI – Human Factors Engineering in Health Informatics
HFES – Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
IEEE PHM – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers / Prognostics and Health Management
IEHF – Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors
IHI – International Health Informatics
ITA – Internet Technologies and Applications
MIE – Medical Informatics Europe
OzCHI – Australian forum for Human-Computer Interaction
PROMED – Design and PROcesses for MEdical Devices
SDMD – Software Design for Medical Devices
SIGDOC – Special Interest Group on Design of Communication
USAB – Usability
WISH – Workshop on Interactive Systems in Healthcare