“The Safe Interaction Summit focuses on medical, psychological and human computer interaction background to human error in safety critical fields. The summit leaders are world experts, and will work with participants to drive the field forward, including supporting collaborative research and underlying methodologies, particularly exploring the interdisciplinary issues and conflicts.
This summit will build up a platform where academic and industrial researchers working in combined fields can come together to review their work and find ways to improve quality and impact in the design of interactive devices in safety critical fields.”
1st Safe Interaction Summit – CHI+MED
Date and time
9am-5.30pm, Thursday 7th June 2012
Fudan University, Shanghai, P.R. China
09:00 – 09:40 Registration and networking
09:40 – 10:40 Welcome and introduction – Prof Harold Thimbleby
10:40 – 12:40 Round table research showcase
12:40 – 14:00 Lunch and networking
14:00 – 15:30 Commitment and plans for high level summit (workshop and conference) in 2013
15:30 – 16:00 Coffee break and networking
16:00 – 17:30 Round table discussion
Who should attend?
- Researchers or students in the field of computer science, psychology, industrial design, medicine or other relevant fields
- Safety critical interactive device designers, developers and manufacturers
How to register
The event is in English. A limited number of seats are free of charge.
Due to limited space available, please send your registration request to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short biography. We will get back to you to confirm your seat as soon as we can.
- Future Interaction Technology Laboratory (FIT lab), Swansea University
- International Design Centre, Zhejiang University – The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
- Human Computer Interaction Laboratory, Kochi University of Technology, Japan.