The IEEE Workshop on Engineering Standards will take place on 18th September 2012 at City University London, Tait Building, Room C118.
The aim of the workshop is to promote standards education among the engineering community. It includes talks on the fundamentals of technical standards, as well as hands-on activities stimulating how standards are made.
The workshop is open to all students and professionals; registration is free to everyone. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
The event is sponsored by the IEEE Standards Education Committee, supported by Engineers Without Borders UK, and is organised by the City University and Queen Mary University of London IEEE Student Branches.
Web page: http://ewh.ieee.org/conf/sec-ukri/
Workshop speakers include:
– David Law (IEEE R8 Standards Coordinator, Chair IEEE 802.3, Hewlett-Packard)
– Steve Carlson (Executive Secretary IEEE 802.3, High Speed Design Inc.)
– James Irvine (University of Strathclyde)
– Tony Jeffree (Chair IEEE 802.1, Independent Consultant)
– Valerie Maguire (Treasurer IEEE 802.3, Siemon)