The Clinical Human Factors Group (@ClinicalHF on Twitter) have published the second volume of their ‘How to’ guide to implementing human factors in healthcare. The first volume was published in 2009 – click on either of the pictures below to open the relevant PDF.
From the CHFG’s blog: “Volume 2 of Volume 2 of the “How to Guide” is published” (look out for the booklet on case studies and implementation tips too).
Volume 2 – at a glance
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Human Factors in design
• Integrating Human factors into the design of medical devices and equipment
• Integrating human factors into the design of healthcare systems
Chapter 3: Human Factors and teamwork
• Enhancing teamwork through Human Factors based teamwork training
• Measuring non-technical skills like leadership, communication, situational awareness and teamwork
Chapter 4: Integrating Human Factors to improve the quality of incident investigation
Chapter 5: Understanding the human factors of non-compliance
• Learning From Non-Compliance With Healthcare Policies And Procedures
• Understanding ‘organisational drift’
Summary and conclusions