Event tweets that have been tagged with a hashtag can be viewed in real-time (both by conference attendees and those watching along at home) but they can also be collected together later as a record of the event.
Quite often people will post reflections about the event a day or two after the event, or share information that they weren’t able to access during the event (perhaps due to iffy wifi or because of using a small device that makes it harder to switch between windows).
Here are some collected tweets from conferences past that might be of interest to people reading this blog. If you want to know how to create your own collection on Storify we have a guide here, and you can also use the embed function to bring a selection of individual tweets into a blog post. The icon next to a link means that it will take you to a collection of tweets and supporting information at Storify, the icon means the collection was embedded on this blog.
(The scenarios mentioned in the tweet above can be accessed from our website)
- #IEHF – Patient & Healthcare Provider Safety event (25 November 2013)
- #SOUPS2013 – the Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security taking place in Newcastle (UK) from 24-26 July 2013.
- #npfs15 – 8-10 May 2013, New Orleans, Louisiana
- #EHF2013 – Ergonomics and Human Factors: Designing for people: research and practice, 17-18 April 2013
- #COME2013 – Communicating Medical Error (COME), 18-22 March 2013, Ascona, Switzerland
- #HFES 2013 Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care: Advancing the Cause – 11-13 March 2013, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- HiMMS13 – 3-7 March 2013, New Orleans, Louisiana, US
- ITCH 2013 – 21-23 February 2013, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada – see also Felice Lam’s #HackingHealth tweets from the event Health and Healthcare Through ICT
- The Medical Device Directives and the Revision – 6-7 February 2013, Brussels, Belgium
- #HFactors – Royal College of Nursing (RCN) held its Patient Safety and Human Factors Conference on 23 November 2012